On Instagram, I stumbled upon Kaye Cleave, an inspiring pro-aging blogger and fun seeker who tackles ageism and grief with a lively attitude. Her recent video about when to start yoga reminded me that it's never too late to try something new, whether it's a hobby, fitness class, habit, language, or instrument.
Take Pilates, for example. Don't let flexibility, strength, or joint pain hold you back from trying it. In fact, these are all the more reasons to start. Movement is like oil for our joints. Even if you didn't start in your 20s or 30s, starting in your 40s or 50s, or later can still help you live a longer, healthier life with fewer aches and pains. So, make it a daily habit like brushing your teeth and get your body moving. Check out this short video for a morning routine to kickstart your movement journey.
It's also SO important to have fun, this is not, and should not be only for the young!
It's crucial to prioritize having fun in your life for both physical and mental wellbeing. Smiling and laughing have numerous benefits, including reducing stress levels. Here are five health benefits of incorporating laughter into your daily routine:
1. Decreases stress: Laughter can lower stress hormones and relieve physical tension throughout the body, leading to a more relaxed state.
2. Strengthens immune system: Studies have shown that laughter can increase the production of antibodies, improving your immune system and helping you fight off illnesses.
3. Improves mood: Smiling and laughing release endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals, which can improve your mood and reduce feelings of anxiety or depression.
4. Reduces pain: Laughing can act as a natural pain reliever, increasing pain tolerance and reducing discomfort.
5. Increases positivity: Smiling and laughing can help shift your mindset towards positivity and improve overall outlook on life.
So if you are feeling a bit down, or fed up. Do something that makes you laugh and smile!
That's it for today - have a great weekend and don't forget to keep moving!
PS If you are interested in joining a Pilates class please have a look at my free taster offers here
PPS If you want to check out Kaye Cleave on Instagram her handle is ageingdisgracefully_